COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
The City of Clayton Community Development Department office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., excluding major holidays. The Department may be reached by telephone at (925) 673-7340; the fax line is (925) 672-4917. Additionally, you may e-mail Milan Sikela, Assistant Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlie Mullen, Community Development Director at email@example.com programs.
Long Range Planning and Special Studies Program
- Prepares and updates Town Center Specific Plan, and the Marsh Creek Road Specific Plan, and state-mandated General Plan which includes the Housing Element.
- Prepares studies to update City policies in response to changes in State law, resource availability, and community goals.
- Facilitates public participation and community involvement in planning issues.
- Participates in development and review of regional studies prepared by ABAG, Contra Costa Transportation Authority, and TRANSPAC.
- Supports City Council in addressing regional governance and planning issues.
Development and Design Review Program
- Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations on land development and design proposals by private property owners and governmental agencies.
- Provides support to City Council and Planning Commission.
- Reviews land development plans for compliance with City zoning requirements.
- Coordinates with County Building Inspection Department on building permits for construction projects.
- Administers environmental review process in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Ordinance Information and Code Enforcement Program
- Provides zoning information and permit services at the public counter.
- Investigates and enforces zoning and land use complaints.
- Prepares amendments of zoning ordinance and zoning map.
- Administers the low-and moderate-income housing programs in the City.
- Ensures low-and moderate-income units remain available to qualified applicants upon sale of units.